Who We Are:
At Sense Street we are developing natural language processing systems for capital markets. Our premise is simple: markets are conversations and we aim to help investment banks have better and more efficient conversations.
Through our partnerships with global banks, we have access to datasets never previously made available to the research community. This allows us to advance natural language processing whilst creating language models uniquely suitable for the investment banking community.
The core of our stack is natural language understanding, supported by the industrial strength engineering demanded by our clients. We are a venture backed company founded by professionals with 40 years of experience spanning trading, quantitative research and emerging technologies.
- Build and maintain production code for platforms that integrate Sense Street models.
- Create internal tooling.
- Help manage Sense Street’s open source presence.
- Work with product owners and Sense Street’s clients to determine frontend specifications.
- Work with external contractors to deliver internal projects.
- In-depth experience of server-side development using Python and SQL database technologies.
- Practical understanding of web design and application frameworks (Django, Flask).
- Experience working with RESTful web services.
- Full-cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience with DevOps technologies, e.g. cloud deployment and configuration management on multiple platforms.
- Have a strange addiction to checking boxes.
- Divide knowledge into two categories: Stuff you know, stuff you can learn.
- See the inherent value in a respectful and diverse workplace.
Nice To Have:
- Experience managing complex software development projects.
- Familiar with packages such as NumPy, Scikit-Learn and Tensorflow.
- Knowledge of NLP packages/tools such as spaCy, Prodigy and Snorkel.
- Prior experience of capital markets, machine learning or NLP.
- Highly skilled team, flat hierarchy and opportunities for mentorship.
- Ability to heavily influence platform and culture from an early phase.
- Flexible working, central London location, company share option scheme.
- Budget/time for books, training and attending conferences/hackathons.