Who We Are:
At Sense Street we are developing natural language processing systems for capital markets. Our premise is simple: markets are conversations and we aim to help investment banks have better and more efficient conversations.
Through our partnerships with global banks, we have access to datasets never previously made available to the research community. This allows us to advance natural language processing whilst creating language models uniquely suitable for the investment banking community.
The core of our stack is natural language understanding, supported by the industrial strength engineering demanded by our clients. We are a venture backed company founded by professionals with 40 years of experience spanning trading, quantitative research and emerging technologies.
- Drive future direction of platform architecture and technology stack.
- Design and develop our data engineering platform and NLP toolkits.
- Assist clients with on-boarding our platform to derive value from their data.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in software engineering and DevOps.
- Solid engineering skills in Java or C# with experience of Python.
- Worked with SQL-based databases such as PostgreSQL and SQL Server.
- Experience with virtualization and cloud infrastructure (Docker, AWS, Google Cloud).
- Comfortable with software development tools such as Git and GitHub.
- Have a strange addiction to checking boxes.
- Divide knowledge into two categories: Stuff you know, stuff you can learn.
- See the inherent value in a respectful and diverse workplace.
Nice To Have:
- Familiar with packages such as NumPy, Scikit-Learn and Tensorflow.
- Knowledge of NLP packages/tools such as spaCy, Prodigy and Snorkel.
- Prior experience of capital markets, machine learning or NLP.
- Highly skilled team, flat hierarchy and opportunities for mentorship.
- Ability to heavily influence platform and culture from an early phase.
- Flexible working, central London location, company share option scheme.
- Budget/time for books, training and attending conferences/hackathons.